Monday 10 August 2015

Hair Tip Monday: Coconut Deep Treatment for Strong, Soft & Shiny Tresses


The other day I was catching up with a friend of mine and we were talking about our regimens. She mentioned that she's been using coconut milk to deep condition her hair. I was like... what! How does it make your hair feel? She told me how soft it has been making her hair and I was intrigued. If you check out my DYOs you know I make some crazy concoctions at times but this one I hadn't tried. In our home coconut milk is strictly preserved for cooking and maybe that's why I haven't tried it. But! Coconut milk has some amazing benefits and I decided I absolutely had to try. Read about the benefits here

What you'll need:
A whole dried coconut or coconut milk sachet
1 cup of water

Method 1: Coconut milk sachet
1. Remove dried coconut preserve from the packet and place in a bowl or spray bottle
2. Add water and stir or shake to dissolve the ingredient.
3. Starting on dry hair, part hair work into workable sections.
4. Apply or spray milk onto the hair and massage the hair
5. Leave for 20-25 minutes.
6. Shampoo and follow with respective regimen

Method 2: Whole Dried Coconut
1. Break coconut and husk meat from the shell.
2. Process to cut into small pieces.














3. Add your cut coconut with 1 cup of water in a blender.
4. Blend contents and strain to retrieve milk.
5. Starting on dry hair, put hair into workable sections
6. Apply or spray milk onto hair and massage into hair


7. Leave for 20-25 minutes
8. Shampoo and follow with respective regimen.

Viola!

I was so impressed with the treatment. I started out on dry, limp hair that had been in chunky twists for a week. I saturated each section with the milk and I literally saw and felt my hair come back to life. I shampooed and conditioned with the Tresemme Moisture Rich and my hair was so soft. Also my hair had this amazing natural shine. I used the spray bottle to lessen the mess but my nozzle stopped working after working on a few sections and I ended up having to pour it onto my hair.

Check out how shiny my hair is! Picture below show my hair after without any product.

Have you ever used coconut milk for your hair? How was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment