Sunday 13 November 2016

RECAP: Made in Manchester 2016


I found out about this event through Instagram the night before. As an introvert, I prefer to have a good amount of time to mentally prepare for an event but still decided to attend. I was battling the flu but packed my bag with 'the flu essential kit' (mint sweeties, rag, and more mint sweeties) and went on my way. Normally, I like having company when going to an event and had to talk myself into going alone. But, I did.

 The event was held at Manchester High School and started at 10:00 am on March 20. I arrived at 12:30 pm and visited the varying booths on the grounds. There were 23 booths on the grounds and I managed to visit almost all of them despite my situation.

I met Alison Lewis owner of Seh Mi Precious, Lacey-Ann Bartley from Bartley All in Wood and Coleen Dryer from Chic La Vie.

Coleen Dryer from Chic La Vie.

Lacey-Ann Bartley from Bartley All in Wood

I also met a guy, Lushane, who was an introvert as well at one of the booths and we toured the rest of the booths together.

                                                  Photo credits to Made in Manchester

                                                         Photo credits to Made in Manchester

Photo credits to Made in Manchester

I purchased a Woogie from Bartley's All in Wood, Spicy Tamarind balls from Island Best Treat and a midi ring from Aviola Accessories

I really enjoyed the day and was happy that I convinced myself to attend. The event had a great ambiance and lots of variety as it related to the entrepreneurs and their businesses. I had expected a great turnout for the event but it was great either way. 




Related Articles:
Introvert Survival Guide to Social Events

You can keep up with my social journey on YouTube:
VIDEO: Social Journey of an Introvert Ep 1
VIDEO: Social Journey of an Introvert Ep 2
VIDEO: Social Journey of an Introvert Ep 3


No comments:

Post a Comment