Monday 2 May 2016

Kurly Feature: Jadene Jordine




1) Introduce yourself.

My name is Jadene Jordine :) I am 19 years old, and also a second year Information Technology student. I love singing, reading, finding out how things work and acting.


2) How long have you been natural?

I've been natural for 19 years and some months lol... yup all my life.


3) Was there anything that influenced you to go or stay natural?
Yes, my denomination, and also my love for my hair influenced me to stay natural <3


4)What do you think about the Natural Hair Movement?
I absolutely love it!! This movement encourages us as descendants of Africans to keep our natural afro-textured kinky hair. I mean come on, the hair comes out of our head it doesn't get anymore for us than that!


5)From personal experience, I've heard that natural hair isn't professional. What are your thoughts?
Natural hair is professional and people just gotta deal with that.


6)Do you believe that the natural hair movement is a fad?
No, No and No... Yeah, I'm sure you guys got the point. It's "hair" to stay ;)



7)What problems do you experience as a natural?
I'm not good at combing my hair, so protective styling is hard for me. I use to just put my hair in a puff and then I go out (leaving my end exposed). Another problem is shrinkage and the struggle is real when you have short hair.


8) Do you have a hair regime, if so what is it like?
I try to wash my hair every two weeks. I deep condition once a month...well... most times that is. I use the LOC (liquid, oil, cream) method to retain moisture. I also minimize the amount of heat that I use on my hair.



9)What would you tell someone who wanted to go natural?
Go for it! Your natural hair was made just for you, so own it :) Take care of it and learn the do's and the don'ts. Remember a woman's hair is her glory!

10)What would you like to do with/to your hair in the future?
Umm idk maybe loc it... hmm we will see ;)

11) How can people connect with you?
Twitter: jadene_jordine
Instagram: @jadene.jordine
Facebook: Jadene Jordine
Pinterest: Jadene Jordine

No comments:

Post a Comment