Monday 7 December 2015

Hair Tip Monday| Caring for your hair after a Protective Style





My cousin recently took out her Marley Twists and she wanted me to treat her hair. So, of course I decided to turn this opportunity into a Hair Tip Monday. Her hair has thinned a little due to stress but we'll be working on that. For today's post I'm showing you a basic routine for restoring your tresses after a protective style. 


Starting on dry hair I place her hair into four sections so that I can evenly distribute the products into her hair.



Using a bottle filled with water, I'm spraying it lightly until her hair is damp and then following with olive oil for her pre-poo. I'm applying this to help sooth her scalp as well. This is what she had so we used it; however, you can use any oil of choice.


 Olive oil is rich in vitamin A & E and will help bring back moisture to her strands as well as shine.

I'm leaving that on her hair for 5 minutes and then following with a Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Conditioner ( you can use the Organics Hair Mayonnaise or any light protein diy treatment)

Then work it in.



We're leaving the oil and conditioner in her hair for 20 minutes and I placed my DIY Microwaveable Turban on her head and an towel to help hold the heat a bit longer. This is going to help open the cuticles so the products (oil and conditioner) can be absorbed.


 After 20 minutes this is what her hair looks like and now I'll shampoo. I've using the Suave Almond + Shea Butter Moisturizing Shampoo.


Her hair without product

Her hair without product


Now to moisturize and seal. I'm leaving some of the water in her hair and using Luxury Treat Hair Butter in the scent Monkey Bananas has a sealant (smells awesome!)

Then style as desired!

Her hair shines quite easily but the olive oil prepoo and sealing with the Luxury Treat Hair Butter took it to the next level.

How do you treat your hair after a protective style?
Let me know below

Olive oil & Hair Benefits

No comments:

Post a Comment