Tuesday 23 June 2015

Review Yo Mada: Sheabeutimia Products

Treat Me Curly: Oat Extract & Honey Gentle Cleanser with Bamboo Extract & Wheatgrass

Product Claims:
Our gentle cleanser is enriched with minerals, vitamins and amino acids that help in reconstructing damaged hair and to maintain its natural pigment. It helps to detoxify the scalp thereby removing dandruff and soothing itchy scalp. This amazing cleanser also aids with moisture retention to protect and moisturize the hair.



Ingredients:
Aqua, avena sativa (oat) extract, honey, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, bambusa vulgaris (bamboo) shoot extract, equisetum maximum lam (horsetail) extract*, urtica dioica (nettle) extract*, althaea officinalis (marshmallow) root extract*, calendula officinalis extract, arctium lappa (burdock) root extract, ocimum basilicum (basil) extract, coconut (cocos nucifera) oil, aleurites moluccana (kukui) nut butter, shorea stenoptera (illipe) butter, vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil*, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil*, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cetearyl alcohol, citric acid, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol & Love!

Thoughts:
 This sulfate-free shampoo has a similar smell to the Herboo Deep Cleansing Shampoo + Conditioner but the peppermint scent is a bit milder. The colour of this product is very much like honey but the consistency is looser than honey. It is very concentrated, as a result it didn't take a lot of product to get a good lather. I first deep conditioned with the conditioner then followed with the shampoo. I experienced clean hair and scalp from one lather. It didn't make my hair feel dry or stripped rather left it moisturized. After using the shampoo my hair felt so moisturized that I didn't think I needed to do anything else than seal in the moisture with my homemade butter. The packaging is also very nice; pump on the cap has a neat openly and closing feature and I liked that there was a written date of expiration provided.


Jocie ArgMac Organic Argan & Macadamia Oils Moisturizing Deep Conditioner & Leave-in

Product Claims:
Our moisturizing deep conditioner and leave-in promotes cell regeneration. It helps to prevent moisture loss and protects the hair against harsh weather conditions, making it beneficial to dry hair. This conditioner exhibits anti-flammatory properties and stimulates blood circulation to the scalp, strengthens and provides sheen to the hair.

Ingredients:
aqua, macadamia ternifolla (macadamia nut) seed oil, argania spinosa (argan) kernel oil, macadamia ternifolla (macadamia) butter, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, honey, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, bambusa vulgaris (bamboo) shoot extract, equisetum maximum lam (horsetail) extract, urtica dioica (nettle) extract, althaea officinalis (marshmallow) root extract, macrocystis pyriferae (kelp) extract, calendula officinalis flower etract, cetearyl alcohol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, citric acid, tocopherol, panthenol (provitamin b5), msm (methylsulfonylmethane), phenoxyethanol, ethylhexglycerin. essential oils & Love!

Thoughts:
 The conditioner has a bubblegum scent and a lotion-like consistency. Because of its consistency I presumed I would not have been able to detangle my hair without drawing for my old faithful TRESemme. Bwoy! I was wrong. It had so much slip and absorbed effortlessly into my hair. I was able to fully finger detangle upon application and that doesn't even happen with my old faithful. I am able to just finger detangle a little bit with my TRESemme Moisture Rich Conditioner.  It defined my curls/coils/kinks and upon rinsing it out; it gave my hair a very silky feel. The description also suggested that this could be used as a leave-in and when I used it I didn't experience any residue or flaking from the product. It mixed well with other products such as my homemade shea butter mix, gel and the Earthly Desires Hair and Scalp Butter that I have used separately as stylers. The packaging is also very similar to that of the shampoo. I do believe that the conditioner did all that it stated- after using it my did feel stronger and had a nice natural shine. I have even seen an overall difference in my hair's health after using for the last few months.

I was very impressed with both products but my favourite of the two was the conditioner. It was amazing. I used these products for my wash day routine, click here to see that video.

Check out Sheabeutimia's website for more of their natural and vegan products.

This review is sponsored; however, I was not paid to do this review. These are my own honest thoughts and opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment