Wednesday 24 June 2015

Review Yo Mada: Earthly Desires Original Line


Earthly Desires Original Leave-in Hair and Scalp Treatment (all natural hypoallergenic formula)

Product Claims:
 Earthly Desires that soothes and heals scalp fungal and bacterial infections such as dandruff, dry scalp with itching. Also pus, bumps, minor burns, cuts and bruises. Leaves hair thick, soft, moist and frizz free with improved body, manageability and shine. Makes hair have renewed strength and bounce. Smells great. Its effectiveness increases with continuous therapy.

Ingredients:
Coconut oil, aloe vera gel, Jamaican black castor oil, saw palmetto oil, peppermint oil, rosemary oil, jojoba oil, lavender oil, wheat germ oil, tea tree oil.

Thoughts:
 Firstly, let's pause to acknowledge that these are Jamaican products. The hair and scalp treatment has the smell of castor oil mixed with a mild soothing fragrance of lavender and tea tree oil. The consistency is light and you can observe small pulps of Aloe Vera gel in it. I applied it to my skin and noticed it took little effort for it to be absorb.


When I applied it to my scalp I experienced this cooling and soothing effect which I would attest to the Aloe Vera and essential oils. I used this product for approximately two months and noted that after two weeks of use my hair grew tremendously. The section where I have alopecia experienced minimal growth due to the follicles there being different from the rest of my scalp. Nevertheless, along with growth, it did thicken my hair and when used as a pre-poo it added softness and extra slip to my conditioner. (Below twist was stretch before use and after 2 weeks to show growth comparison) Additionally, it did help to curve my dry scalp and its results for curving itchiness was almost immediate. However, I didn't notice any overall difference in frizz reduction but it did enhance my hair's shine. The packaging was also very nice; I liked that it had recommendations for use and also information regarding expiration.

Earthly Desires Original Hair and Scalp Butter (all natural hypoallergenic formula)

Ingredients:
Shea butter, aloe vera gel, coconut oil, Jamaican black castor oil, jojoba oil, saw palmetto oil, peppermint oil, rosemary oil, lavender oil, wheat germ oil, tea tree oil.

Thoughts:
 The butter has the same scent as the hair and scalp treatment but it has a soft buttery consistency. It was light enough to be applied to my scalp and absorbed really well. I used it has a styling product for this Twisted Crown High Bun (pictured below) and it made my hair very smooth and with minimal frizz. I was impressed that it kept my hair soft for an entire week without any additional application. A little of this product does go a long way but because of its light consistency I used more than I really needed. Which made my hair a little greasy in some places; nevertheless, I really liked the results I received after using this butter.
Check photo for demo and tutorial for this style.

Overall, I had an excellent experience with both products. For more details on the original line and newly launched products check out Earthly Desires' Website.

This review is sponsored; however, I was not paid to do this review. These are my own honest thoughts and opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment