Friday 19 June 2015

Kurly Feature: Shanique Thomas


1 Introduce yourself.
Hey, I’m Shanique, but it’s okay to call me Neiki :’)

2.How long have you been natural?
As far as I can remember my hair has been natural !

3 Was there anything that influenced you to go or stay natural?
When I was much smaller I believed that if I didn’t have processed hair then I really didn’t fit in, but my mother and other individuals  were a constant reminder that I’m beautiful just the way I am!


4 What do you think about the Natural Hair Movement?
Natural hair is beautiful, If only more people would see the importance of this. I’m tired of hearing “Why don’t you just cream it? It would look better that way.”

5 From personal experience, I've heard that natural hair isn't
professional. What are your thoughts?

As far as I see it, people will always be talking. It’s professional enough for me.




6  Do you believe that the natural hair movement is a fad?
Absolutely NOT!

7 What problems do you experience as a natural?
Sometimes my hair knots and thickens too easily.

8 Do you have a hair regime, if so what is it like?
I really don’t have one, than regular washing with shampoo and conditioner. I think that needs to be changed.

9 What would you tell someone who wanted to go natural?
Your hair is your beauty. It’s less expensive and easier to care.

10 What would you like to do with/to your hair in the future?
It will remain natural as long as I live, as far as it’s under my control. I’ll Just put plaits and twist in it for the time being and see how fast it can grow!

11 How can people connect with you?
Keep up with me at:
Facebook @ Shanique S.Thomas
Instagram @Neikii_

No comments:

Post a Comment