Friday 3 April 2015

Review Yo Mada: Deep Cleansing Herboo Shampoo + Conditioner






























Product Claim:
  • Prevents dandruff
  • Promotes growth
  • Prevents itchy scalp
  • Enhance hair colour
  • Adds body and luster
Ingredients:
Distilled water, sorrel, peppermint, rosemary, lemongrass, coconut oil, jojoba oil, rosemary oil, olive oil and a heart full of love. No sulfates, sls or lye.

Directions:

Wet hair with warm water before using. Shake well and dispense into your palm. Gently massage scalp with finger tips and allow for 2 minutes. Rinse hair with warm water. Repeat if desired.

Fact:
Sulfates which create excess lather cause dry hair shaft and damaged scalp.



My thoughts:

 Firstly, let us pause to acknowledge that this is a Jamaican product. The smell of the product is very intense with peppermint being the third ingredient. The consistency is runny and it has a slight opaque colour almost like aloe vera gel. I purchased this back in January and used it twice on my hair. I was caught in the middle on whether or not I loved it. I really enjoyed the peppermint for its invigorating and anti-bacterial properties for my alopecia. It lathered really good for a sulfate free shampoo and my scalp was clean after use. I did notice it curved my itchy scalp, dry scalp and also provided some shine. However, the peppermint was a bit too intense for my sensitive scalp and I was expecting more softness but my hair was very dry after use. One wash day I skipped the conditioner for this is a two in one and found that it didn't provide enough moisture for my hair. Another time the experience was the same but I followed up with a moisturizing conditioner and it was better.

I can't comment on increased growth through two usages but I started using it has a facial cleanser for a month and it was great. I am not a morning person and using this really wakes me up with the burst of coolness and tingling feeling to the face. I noticed it helped to get rid of some of my pimples as well. I'd recommend a applicator cap so you can directly place the product on the scalp and work it in. This would be great for product conservation. I applied it to my scalp and ended up using too much in some sections. I forgot to open the windows  while I was shampooing and I had a burning sensation on my face. (lol) Not sold on it has a shampoo mainly due to dryness but following with a condish definitely helps. I love that it's multipurpose very impressed with it as a facial cleanser.




Happy brand Jamaica
God bless you

No comments:

Post a Comment