Friday 3 October 2014

Kurly Feature: Vivianne Miller


How long have you been natural?
I have been natural all my life actually :)

Was there anything that influenced you to go or stay natural?
I didn't want to alter any part of me especially my hair, I really prefer being simply me. Additionally, I always had a fear of what chemicals could do to my hair.

What do you think about the Natural Hair Movement?
I am loving the natural hair movement, its more than styles and routines. Women are embracing the hair they were born with and that speaks volume because I think it means women are becoming more comfortable with who they are naturally.


From personal experience, I've heard that natural hair isn't
professional. What are your thoughts? 
Lol I have to laugh when people say natural hair isn't professional, natural hair isn't professional. Heck natural hair is professional, casual, formal all that you want it to be. Versatility at its best

  Do you believe that the natural hair movement is a fad?
No because I have seen where women ask themselves, "why did I cream my hair in first place?" The never ending videos on you tube answer these types of questions. These same videos show the phenomenon this hair movement really is. There are websites that speak to this movement and our roots, that people tend to value and so will want to live on.

What problems do you experience as a natural?
 My hair not having enough moisture moisture moisture.

Do you have a hair regime, if so what is it like?
 My regime is going back to my old one with the help of some friends which include ms coconut and ms castor oil. I do small rope twist in my hair and two to three times a week I wet my hair, trap the moisture with coconut then castor oil and wrap with silk scarf. The small twist means I can leave my hair alone to do its own thing without me disturbing it every minute with a comb. 

What would you tell someone who wanted to go natural?
"DO IT!! lol but seriously though. I don't see how you can lose with going natural, your hair is stronger and more versatile. I think you will love what you do for your hair and yourself and girl BE PATIENT" :)









                             Thanks for reading Vivianne's story and I hope to share yours soon 

No comments:

Post a Comment