Tuesday 15 July 2014

Review Yo Mada: Asherlee Natural Hair Butter Cream


 I had purchased this product at the Natural Night Out a few weeks ago and got to meet Sherelle Curtis the founder. Lovely individual and quite easy to converse with. This is a Jamaican made product (proud side note)I had purchased this product at the Natural Night Out a few weeks ago and got to meet Sherelle Curtis the founder. Lovely individual and quite easy to converse with. This is a Jamaican made product (proud side note)

Product claims: This thick creamy butter is great for moisturizing the thickest of hair. Coating the hair shaft with highly moisturizing and conditioning properties allowing hair to remain soft and shiny. Great for twists and twist-outs too.

Ingredients: Love, herbal infused water, shea butter, mango butter, aloe vera, conditioning emulsifier, sunflower oil, coconut oil, cetyl alcohol (derivative of coconut oil), olive oil, castor oil, provitamin B5, silk amino acid, oat protein, honey, vitamin E oil, essential oils (rosemary, tea tree & lavender), optiphen plus & fragrance



My thoughts: Firstly, the smell of the product is lovely; it has a sweet floral fragrance in my opinion. It reminded me of a hair spray my hairdresser would use when I was relaxed. Once used in the hair it does linger, for about three days and that was a plus for me. However, it did become a little overpowering during my migraines (due to sensitivities). If you are one not fond of heavy scents you may not like this one. The consistency is like soft margarine, it is a butter but it is very smooth and creamy. It was very moisturizing to the hair, both on wet and dry hair. I used this on myself using the Liquid Cream Oil method. Water being my liquid, the hair butter cream and shea butter has my oil. Then I would proceed to style. It keeps the hair moisturized for a good portion of time has well. I wear mostly protective styles such as updos or buns so the moisture loss is not a great deal for me. At the end of the week the hair is still moisturized. It is suggested to work for both natural and relaxed hair and it does fulfill what is said. I got a total of five uses from this 4oz jar. Twice on my hair, my cousin, friend and aunt (who is relaxed). Once applied the hair is almost instantly softened and manageable. I did not like the feeling left on my hair after usage; on the hand it felt dry but was quite the opposite to the hair. This is a Jamaican made product (proud side note) and it was sold at $650.00. There is a good amount of product in this jar and if your hair is not as thick then the usage yield may be more. I had not done a twist out with the product and so I cannot comment on that; nevertheless, it was fabulous on twisted styles and performed well wit heat. Overall, I enjoyed the product and would most definitely recommend it.




Whoo hoo: The caption Review Yo Mada initially came about when I did my first product review of some Shea Moisture products owned by my mother :) Thus the name. I just decided to keep the name because it was different.

No comments:

Post a Comment