Tuesday 20 May 2014

Kurly Feature: Jalisa


1 How long have you been natural?
I  been natural for just a short while. I big chopped on May 12, 2014 and transitioned for 1 year and 6 months.

2 Was there anything that influenced you to go or stay natural?
The main thing that influenced me to go natural was my curiosity to see what my natural was like. I had been admiring the hair of other naturals on Instagram and just wanted to experience my own natural hair again.



3 What do you think about the Natural Hair Movement?
I think the Natural Hair Movement is great! Women and girls are falling in love with their natural hair and its a beautiful thing when you can love the natural you!

4 From personal experience, I've heard that natural hair isn't professional. What are your thoughts?
Natural hair is just as professional as any other type of hair. It all depends on how you style it for the particular work environment that you are in.

5  Do you believe that the natural hair movement is a fad?
I do not think that the natural hair movement is a fad, i believe that if someone chooses to go natural for the right reasons they wont change their mind about it later.

6 What problems do you experience as a natural?
I havent been experiencing any problems yet, but shrinkage is something that I have to get used to because im used to having my relaxed hair hang down back. But! I am in love with my new curls!!

7 Do you have a hair regime, if so what is it like?
Right now, my regimen consist of shampooing once a month and cowashing once a week. Along with that i deep condition weekly and moisturize and seal with whipped shea butter and coconut oil. I plan to continue this regimen with my natural hair. My favorite products are aussie moist 3 minute miracle, tresseme naturals conditioner, the natural root sweet honey  2 n 1 conditioner (i like to mix my aussie or tresseme conditioner with that, it literally has my hair feeling baby soft! Lol) I like Shea Moistures Moisture retention shampoo as well. And as far as styling products go I like cantu coconut curling cream and shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie.

8 What would you tell someone who wanted to go natural?
I would tell them to just do it. If you're worried that you wont know how to style your hair, thats what youtube is for. It has taught me everything I need to know to get me through my transition period. It is also best to remember to have patience a long the way and find inspiration from other naturals on youtube and instagram.

9 What would you like to do with your hair in the future?
In the future, I would like to dye my hair a lighter brown or when it gets a little longer get it shaped into a style.

Connect with Jalisa:
Twitter: iMadameJay
Youtube: iMadameJay
Instagram: iMadameJay

No comments:

Post a Comment