1. How long have you been natural and what motivates you to stay?
I've been natural since birth. Going through high school with everyone being cream (relaxed) I used the excuse that my hair is a covenant between me and God. Additionally, I strongly disliked seeing when one needed a touch up.
2. What do you think about the natural hair movement?
It is superb and women who wear their hair natural are bold. It is easy to wear a weave, but to wear it natural long or short takes a lot of self acceptance. Wearing it natural simply says that I am me and I will not conform to your status
It cannot be a fad nor a trend, as we are born this way. I'm not aware if people are doing it for other people but some are willingly going back to their roots. But I believe it is a good look.
4. Do you have a hair regime and what is it like?
I am rather embarrassed but all I do to my hair is wash and oil it.
5. What would you tell someone who wanted to go natural?
I've never experienced transitioning but I have heard it is tedious and will drive you nuts. However, I recommend anyone to go natural.
6. What would you like to do with your hair in the future?
7. What problems do you experience as a natural?
- Shrinkage, I hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it so much.
Blog: Undecided Thoughts
Facebook: Elvy Soltau