Wednesday 7 May 2014

Kurly Feature: Elvy Soltau


1. How long have you been natural and what motivates you to stay?
I've been natural since birth. Going through high school with everyone being cream (relaxed) I used the excuse that my hair is a covenant between me and God. Additionally, I strongly disliked seeing when one needed a touch up.

2. What do you think about the natural hair movement?

It is superb and women who wear their hair natural are bold. It is easy to wear a weave, but to wear it natural long or short takes a lot of self acceptance. Wearing it natural simply says that I am me and I will not conform to your status 
quo. 



3. Do you believe the natural hair movement is a fad?
It cannot be a fad nor a trend, as we are born this way. I'm not aware if people are doing it for other people but some are willingly going back to their roots. But I believe it is a good look.

4. Do you have a hair regime and what is it like?

I am rather embarrassed but all I do to my hair is wash and oil it. 


5. What would you tell someone who wanted to go natural? 
I've never experienced transitioning but I have heard it is tedious and will drive you nuts. However, I recommend anyone to go natural.

6. What would you like to do with your hair in the future?


I'd like to grow my hair or colour it. Also learn to style it myself.

7. What problems do you experience as a natural?

  • Shrinkage, I hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it so much.
  • Length
  • Styling

Stay connected with Elvy:
Blog: Undecided Thoughts
Facebook: Elvy Soltau
Twitter
Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment