Thursday, 13 June 2013

Do Your Own: Revive Yo Ole Watch

I found this watch that I wore while I was in third form (Grade 9) at high school. My best friend's  mom had given me this watch and I loved it so much. I was looking at how damaged it was and had the idea to repair it.

What you'll need:
An old watch you're not afraid of painting
Tape
White spray paint (or desired colour)
Newspaper
Gloves
Nail Polish
Sponges



Mess Level: Moderate

1. Cover the face of the watch and the two metal ends on the watch handle with tape. That is, if you do not want those areas to be sprayed.2. Lay your newspaper on work area and spray the handles with white. You may have to do a few coats before it's fully covered.
3. The following day after allowing it to dry, I took the first polish which was the pink and started dabbing from the metal end up to a few inches away from the face of the watch. 
4. Took the red and where I stopped with the pink and continued from there up to the watch's face. 
5. Blended the colours together and allowed to dry.
6. Remove the tape  
7. Viola



I plan to use a small paint brush to get those inner corners close to the face of the watch.