Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Do Your Own: Mango Pomepine


It's summer, well maybe not official yet (June 21) but fruits are definitely in season here in Jamaica. So much so that one person (me) cannot eat two boxes of mangoes without some going bad. (I tried) Instead of being a greedy bug and trying to eat them all; make a refreshing beverage for those upcoming hot summer days.



What you'll need:
1 large Pineapple
3 Mangoes (I used Bambay mangoes)
1 Pomegranate
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Syrup

Mess level: Average

1. Firstly, you'll need to peel and cut your fruit so that it can be blended. I preferably like to cut the mangoes with the skin on. Remove seeds from pomegranate
2. The blender that my mom has has measurements of five cups so I put three cups of fruit in, filling with water up to 4/1/2 cups.
3. Blend
4. Remove blender and strain off the liquid.
5. Sweeten to your liking
6. Serve chilled



Keep blending until you have finished all the fruit. The measurement of sugar may change based on your own personal taste. Play around with the sweetness but don't go overboard. I filled 1 juice jug, a 500 ml bottle and a 1.9 litres bottle. Below is a picture of Bambay mangoes


Happy drinking
God Bless you