It is a family so four individuals and so a whole chicken was used. Plus, on a Sunday we cook for the following day as well. We say, a Sunday-Monday dinna. You may not need to use an entire chicken; the recipe below is based on what I did
Pa! Baked Chicken
A whole chicken (cleaned and cut into pieces)
1 hand of Escallion (chopped)
2 sprigs of Thyme
1/2 of a large Papaya (diced)
1 cup ketchup
4 tbsp vinegar
2 tsp cinnamon powder
4 tbsp honey
5tbsp overproof rum
1. Chop all the seasonings and add to chicken. Allow to marinate.
2. Add chicken pieces and diced papaya into foil container or pan and place in an oven set at 250-300. Steam for until tender.
3. Combine all five ingredients for the sauce and upon tenderness baste the chicken.
4. Turn and baste as required.
5. Once tenderness and colour are as desired; remove from heat.
6. Serve and enjoy
I made a pasta accompaniment with sweet peas but it wasn't until after that I took the above picture I made an analysis that the meal was unbalanced as I had a high starch content. Being that I had rice and pasta. The sauce doesn't look fully incorporated as I had just put in the ingredients in the bowl.
Thank you for stopping by: don't forget pictures below.