Wednesday 6 March 2013

Introduction to a Unbefriended Self



Sidenote: Before this new fascination with hair care, blogs and forums; I was a different type of individual.
 I considered myself to be "emo" and enjoyed the marriage that I had with darkness and loneliness. This was way before I even fathomed the thought of Caught Between a Cream and Curl. I started a blog called Chronicles of Blue Gurl, mostly to relay my thoughts which were concealed. Periodically, I look over that previous blog and observe the obvious escape from darkness to light.
I'm thankfully for the being, I am now as opposed to then. I've been saved, spared and uplifted. The old self has tried to gain access from time to time but proudly; I look self in the eyes and say no more. Here's a look at my past through the medium of writing. This poem was written in November 2007. (I have a bit of difficulty formulating poem titles.) In one specific class at school I see my old self in someone; I'm intrigued and curious of his mystery. But refused to be captured by my old being.

2 Corth 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are past away; behold, all things are become new."
God bless.

2 comments:

  1. The sadness of one's past self, I've found in me
    The joys of my future self, I've observed presently in thee
    Though male and female, past and present cannot be
    I'm thankful for this friendship that we have conceive
    My possible future, in you i see
    But til then, i am that i am, is what ill be

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Uhuru Bashkam Thank you for commenting. I completely got the message hopefully you'll listen to mine next week.

    ReplyDelete