Sunday, 3 March 2013

21 Hair Questions

Sidenote: I was tagged to do this last year by Pound Cake and My Hair-Obsessed Ego. I know, I know. I'm past late. Covers face*

1 Why did you start taking better care of your hair?
I started my journey in hopes of getting long hair like the women I saw on Youtube.

2 What are your 2 favorite hair products?
Vo5 Balancing Conditioner and Shea Butter

3 Who's hair did you admire as a child?
My aunt's hair, she had mid back length natural hair.

4 What is your ultimate goal length?
Waist length 

5 How are you going to celebrate when you reach your ultimate goal length?
Wear it in a stretch state, like a blow out.

6 Two styles you want to try at your goal length?
Side Fish tail braid

7 Which do you prefer: Health or Length?
Health all the way

8 Which do you prefer: hair ties with no metal parts or butterfly clips?
Hair ties with no metal parts

9 What products do you prefer: salon brands, organic brands, BSS brands, Drugstore brands, or other?
No preference

10 Which product/technique do you think is over-rated?
Rubbing the nails together for growth

11 Which product/technique do you think is under-rated?
Protective Styling

12 What is your favorite part of your hair regimen?
Moisturizing and sealing

13 What is the most annoying part of your hair regimen?
Detangling

14 Oils or Butters?
Both

15 Buns or Ponytails?
Buns

16 What is your opinion of growth aids?
Growth aids are effective, when I started my hair journey I started using a essential oil (growth aid) for my alopecia. I still use it but not for growth purposes, mainly for scalp health. I use lavender and tea tree essential oil. 

17 At what length do you consider hair long?
Bsl

 18 When is the last time you visited a salon?
2010

19 What do you like to surf most often: YouTube channels, personal blogs, or hair forums? 
Youtube channels

20 And finally, what piece of advice would you give to someone just starting out on their hair journey?
Aim for healthy hair and then make your way up to attaining length. Also follow a simple regimen and don't be too preoccupied (obsessed) with your hair journey. Take it a step at a time.

21 Wigs or Weaves?
None of the above