Wednesday 16 January 2013

Review Yo Mada: Chi Silk Infusion

Sidenote: I've was constantly searching and watching videos on Youtube about how to straighten natural hair. I'm not fully natural but watched them anyway. I saw a few persons use Chi Silk Infusion has a heat protectant and for silky results and so decided to try the 2oz bottle. Afta a long time a save mi lunch money mi get it. Clears throat* Let's begin.

Price for 2oz bottle: $8.34 US
Price for 6oz bottle: $15 US

Product Information
Silk Infusion claims to be a silk reconstructing complex and to be paraben free.

Directions:
Apply a small amount into palm of hand and work evenly through the hair. Leave in and proceed with styling.
Ingredients: 
Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Panthenol, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, D&C Yellow 11, D&C Red 17, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Boron Nitride Powder.

This product really does smells like men's cologne. When I first got it, I had put it onto a small section of my hair and it felt horrible. I didn't use any heat when I had put it in my hair and wondered if that's why it had that sort of crisp feeling. I decided to use it on clients (mom and aunt) instead and let me say the product gives amazing results. I use it on my mom and aunt's hair the same way and get very good results. After a wash I'd work the product  into each section and proceed to blow dry. It results in smooth silky hair. It is not too much of a heavy serum in my opinion and using a lot isn't necessary. This product will last you for a while as a little goes a long way. This serum provides a nice natural shine as well. It's main use for me is as a heat styling product. I recently did a blow out with this product and it did feel crisp on my hair as I stated above but after applying heat it felt very smooth. That is as a result of the silicones in is product. Illustrated above are the ingredients and the first three are silicones which form a barrier between the hair and heat. The only down side I believe is that it is an expensive product. I personally recommend buying the 2oz bottle first and after using that decide whether or not you'd like to upgrade. 

Thanks for passing by
Blue





2 comments:

  1. i used to use it and liked it a lot but because of the price i switched to some cheaper heat protection serums like fantasia ic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Behe I have seen some very good reviews on the fantasia. Thank you for passing by

    ReplyDelete