Wednesday 30 January 2013

Moisturizing and Sealing

Natural hair, texlaxed hair, relaxed, zyabp hair, we all experience a bit of dryness time after time. Dry, dehydrated hair will result in breakage and so it is necessary to incorporate and have a balance of moisture. Whenever we moisturize this increases the hair's elasticity and decreases the level of breakage experienced. Today, there are many different moisturizing and sealing techniques. There's the LCO method and LOC method. Which means Liquid, Cream, Oil and Liquid, Oil, Cream respectively.

When I first started my hair journey I used Wave Nouveau has I was following Sunshyne's regimen. I didn't like it and gave it away. Then, I used the Olive Oil Moisturizer by ORS and my hair didn't respond well to it either. I was unable to go about buying other moisturizers for trial and error and so I just used water and a oil. That oil for me is coconut oil. The water is my moisturizer and then the oil seals in the moisture. I soon started to use shea butter. Technically I do the LOC method but I refer to call it LOB :). Since the shea butter isn't really a cream shrug*
Since I've been transitioning I don't moisturize and seal everyday. I'd estimate once per week. Previous posts will illustrate that I was experimenting with the Cantu Shea Butter Leave In but I am still not 100% sure of my thoughts.

Mist with Water + add Oil+ add Butter= HAppy Transitioning Hair for Blue
Have any other thoughts on M&S? Leave the comment below.

P.S. One of the reasons why I continued transitioning was because I have alopecia monolocularis. CAn you see it in the picture above.
Thanks for passing by
Blue

4 comments:

  1. When I was transitioning, the LOC method worked great for me. So I thought... Anyways, fast forward to now, 2 months after my TBC (transitioning big chop), my hair stays moisturized longer using the LCO method.

    http://discoveringnatural.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Thank you Mama I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @DiscoveryingNatural. I can't wait to see my hair after my transition chop as well. It's great that you figured out which method works great. Happy moisturizing

    ReplyDelete