Thursday, 27 September 2012

I want to have the BEST of both worlds

I recently wash my hair but I haven't been able to publish my post due to some editing I have going on. I signed into YT today and watched this tutorial (see below). As a transitioner I've thought about relaxing, I've also thought about the pros and cons- what I like about natural hair vs relaxed hair. I love the thickens and the body that I get from my natural hair. I don't miss the burns or limp hair but then I think of the possibility that relaxed hair "would" be easier. One honest secret I've never told anyone is I'm pursuing the natural road because I feel that it would be easier now than later. I want to be able to be confident in myself and have my daughter (if it's God's will) be proud of herself in all her beauty and flaws. I want to show her acceptance, accepting how she was born and not being shamed of it.

The tutorial I watched today really made me excited. I want to be able to rock it like a fro, curly or straight. Wash it, let it spring back and do it all again. Not straight like a relaxed chick every single week, but on special occasions to check the length and see. (Random poem came about while typing LOL) Check out the video, I LOVED it.

How about you?
Do you want the best of both worlds?