Tuesday 24 July 2012

Life of Spice: Cinnamon Chicken

In today's post I'll be showcasing my guilty pleasure- Fried Chicken. According to Wikipedia.org, Frying is the cooking of food in oil or fat, a technique that originated in ancient Egypt.

Cinnamon Chicken
Mango Sauce

The chicken was allowed to marinate overnight. I did the basics for frying my chicken except I added cinnamon to the flour mixture and then dusted the chicken. I proceeded to fry it over medium to high heat. 
For the sauce, I peeled and cut the flesh from some mangoes and blended it has though I was making a drink. 
I then poured that mango mixture into a sauce pan and brought it to a boil. Seasoned (escalion, thyme, onions, ginger) and added ketchup. Turned the flame down to low heat and allowed it to simmer for 4-5 minutes. I really enjoyed this meal, it was bursting with flavour and crunchy- just the way I like it.


Fried Chicken

Cons
Absorbs a lot of oil in comparison to other cooking methods.

Pros
Amazing colour
Crisp texture

Mango Sauce


Pros

Great colour
Fantastic flavour
No artificial flavour
Use of natural fruit

Thanks for reading.

Do try it and tell me your thoughts


No comments:

Post a Comment