Saturday 30 June 2012

Update: Transitioning to Natural Hair


The picture on the left was inspired by Whoissugar, when she did her buns on buns vid. My hair had been in twists with flat twists at the front for over a week. It was definitely time for a takedown but I wasn't ready. I used bobby pins, a large scarf, and my hands. 



The hairstyle below was done during the exam season at school, and I received tons of compliments on the style. It is the same hairdo as the above picture but styled differently. The twisted region was separated into two halves and the fish tail was braided. I did a so-called halo across my face. I loved this style.



I'm entirely amazed at how far I've made it into this transition. Wow, I said it, transition. It took me over a year to say that I'm transitioning to natural hair. I mostly told ppl that I was doing a really long stretch. I tried stretching for the first time when I was starting my hair journey. I experienced tons of breakage from detangling and improper use of products and after relaxing my hair looked like the picture on the right.


First stretching attempt:                                                                                    
























I can definitely say that I've seen improvement and progress. Not only in my hair but also in my whole outlook. I'm teaching myself to be confident in everything that I do. Still a work in progress but anything is possible with the Lord. 


Thank you for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed by your growth. Your hair looks so healthy and strong!! Totally loving it!. Also, thanks for visiting my blog.

    -discoveringnatural.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. Really appreciate it. Most definitely,I always saw your blog on curlynikki but only recently got around to checking it out.

    ReplyDelete