Tuesday 26 June 2012

Review Yo Mada: Shea Moisture Products



Line: Shea Moisture Yucca and Baobab

Thickening Shampoo

The product has an amazing smell and the texture of the product looked to be slimy but felt like any ordinary shampoo. It lathered great for a sulfate free shampoo and it cleaned the hair without much stripping of the natural oils. However, I found that this shampoo tangled my transitioning hair even while washing in sections. This made detangling a much more complicated session. I tried it again, diluted plus I added tuna and a few drops of essential oil. It wasn't bad. Way better than the first use

Volumizing Conditioner

I used this conditioner and realized that it did not have enough slip for my hair. I enjoyed the smell and that the consistency was not runny. But experienced breakage while detangle. I found other ways to use the product; Eg. for my flat twists and moisturizing. I used it to catch those baby edges for my flat twist and it worked excellent. Until I started to have more growth into my transition. The moisturizing thing didn't last too long, can't recall why. I gave this product a thumbs down has a conditioner but a thumbs up has a styler such as defining curls and for flat twists.

Thickening Moisture Mist

I love this product. When my hair is due for a wash and I don't have the time. I spray this on my hair and it makes it smell delicious. I also like it has a finishing spray for twists.
Has it helped with thickening?
I have no clue if it has helped with thickening because I didn't necessarily use it daily or weekly.

Overall I love the smell of these products. The shampoo is still a work in progress for me. The conditioner is used has a styler for me and the spray is excellent



 No copyright intended for the above picture
Chev

4 comments:

  1. I actually want to try the mist. I'm looking for a quick and easy way to add a bit of moisture to my hair when I don't feel like moisturizing and sealing.

    I like your blog title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I really appreciate it. I say go for it, you can never use to much of the mist. It smells great, adds shine and makes relaxed and natural hair feel soft. You can use it in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to try this line. I will look into getting the mist. Have you ever tried Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo? It works very well in detangling my hair. This is what it looks like: http://discoveringnatural.blogspot.com/2012/03/wash-day-with-elasta-qp.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I've never tried that. I suppose it would be expensive too(I'm a Caribbean chile). But I'm not saying never :)

    ReplyDelete